HR Department at Boyup Brook Soldier Memorial Hospital
Views:183 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Boyup Brook Soldier Memorial Hospital - Orthopedic Surgeon - MD (7-16 yrs)
- Consulting with patients and analyzing patient data to determine patient needs and treatment goals.
- Examining patients to diagnose bone, joint, ligament, or other musculoskeletal problems, including diseases, or injuries.
- Collaborating with other specialists, when necessary, to determine a course of treatment.
- Recording patient care by maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests, and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
- Administering general and local anesthetics, when necessary.
- Performing surgical procedures on various parts of the musculoskeletal system, including plating broken bones, reattaching tendons and ligaments, or performing joint or hip replacements, among other procedures.
- Prescribing medication to improve recovery and control pain after surgical procedures.
- Referring patients to physical therapy, when necessary, or performing non-invasive procedures such as casting and splinting limbs.
- Monitoring ongoing progress and health of patients, and changing treatment plans, as necessary.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Conducting research on defects, diseases, and disorders affecting the musculoskeletal system.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.