Human Resources at Clinton Health Access Initiative
Views:157 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
CHAI - Analyst - Technical/Oxygen (2-6 yrs)
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI has been working in India since 2004 under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States- levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer, sexual and reproductive health and immunisation.
Additionally, CHAI is supporting the government of Madhya Pradesh (MP) on large-scale programs to arrest childhood and maternal mortality due to malnutrition, anemia, diarrhea and pneumonia, and helping increase access to quality Family Planning services.
Background on Essential Medicines Program :
- Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) had launched an effort to scale-up access to treatment for Pneumonia & Diarrhea, which combined, kills over 1.5 million children every year. Working with the governments of five-high-burden countries (India, Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia and Nigeria) and leading global institutions, CHAI is supporting intensified efforts at both global and country levels to plan, resource, and implement effective interventions for scaling-up access to treatment for these conditions. This is achieved by supporting Governments- effort in improving access to oxygen and anti-biotics for pneumonia, and, zinc and ORS for diarrhea.
- In India, CHAI, in partnership with its affiliate William J Clinton Foundation, is building on its work on supporting efforts to reduce mortality among children below 5 years of age in Madhya Pradesh (MP), which accounts for approximately one eighth of total pneumonia mortality in the country. Appropriate pneumonia treatment and care is constrained by primary dependence in rural areas on informal providers, who lack appropriate training and knowledge as also supply chain inefficiencies that hamper availability of essential medicines and commodities. Further, knowledge and skills gaps at mid-tier public health facilities lead to inconsistent and inaccurate pneumonia classification and higher burden on higher level healthcare facilities.
- To overcome these challenges, CHAI/WJCF has been working with government to draft a comprehensive strategy to significantly improve treatment and care and, therefore, outcomes for children suffering from pneumonia. To that end, the program imparts skill-based training for providers at public health facilities, supports measures to improve quantification, procurement and distribution of essential medicines, helps mentor staff at various aspects of oxygen administration and supports improvements in availability of pulse-oximeters for increased hypoxemia screening. At the national level, the program has supported efforts in launching the revised Pneumonia Operational Guidelines and has supported the - Social Awareness and Action plan to Neutralise Pneumonia from Society- (SAANS) campaign to intensify action for reducing mortality due to childhood pneumonia.
The Essential Medicines Program is looking for a highly motivated professional for the position of Analyst who will work closely with the Program Manager on project strategy and support the program with medical oxygen related expertise. The candidate must be able to function independently, be flexible and entrepreneurial, and have strong commitment to excellence. We are looking for dynamic and exceptional talent looking to work in challenging environment. This position will report to the Program Manager, Essential Medicines (EM) program.
1. Provide technical expertise on issues related to quality, composition, supply, and administration of medical oxygen
2. Support development of plans to improve access to medical oxygen at facilities based on in-depth understanding of oxygen landscape i.e. oxygen manufacturers, suppliers, users and intermediaries
3. Closely support officials in Department of Health, GoMP in identifying and bridging gaps in oxygen supply chain. Also, engage with Division & District level health staff for accomplishment of project goals.
4. Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in public and private sectors
5. Support refinement of pneumonia and oxygen strategy to improve oxygen access at public health facilities
6. Support CHAI's strategy for increased access by identifying areas with significant market and policy impact
7. Support development of curriculum for product quality assurance, equipment & procedural standards, health and safety protocols, as well as engineering specifications of various modes of production and administration of medical oxygen
8. Ensure timely project delivery and consistency of operations adhering to timelines and budget commitments
9. Aid and support other parts of the Essential Medicines programs by working closely with the state, country, and global team
10. Draw on CHAI's global and local expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagement proactively and work in a collaborative manner with other teams
11. Support capacity building of field team and public health personnel on required technical know how
12. Should be willing to travel on short notice within India and abroad
13. Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager or Country/State Director
1. Essential Educational Qualification : BE/ B. Tech in Biomedical Engineering/ Medical Technology/ Instrumentation Engineering from a recognized university/ institution
2. Desirable Educational Qualification : PG Diploma/Degree in Public Procurement/ Supply Chain Management/ Healthcare Management/ Biomedical Maintenance/M-Tech
3. 2-4 years- experience in installation, commissioning, and maintenance of Medical Equipment, Instrument & Furniture (EIF) either in Govt. health organization or in any other large hospital
4. Experience of working in large Oxygen manufacturing plant, in quality assurance and research or in supply chain management in an Industrial gases manufacturing company
5. Good understanding of oxygen landscape e. knowledge about oxygen manufacturers, suppliers, users and intermediaries interacting with suppliers & users.
6. Good relationships with stakeholders mentioned above to be able to gather data and insights
7. Demonstrated success in trainings, research management and stakeholder management
8. Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities, as well as creative thinking capabilities
9. Demonstrated success in coordinating various stakeholders/interests (public sector engagement would be highly relevant) and developing strong relationships to drive outcomes
10. Proficiency at Computers and MS Office desirable
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.