Company Recruiter at Columbia Asia Hospitals
Views:2596 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Columbia Asia - Medical Laboratory Technician (0-3 yrs)
Job Description :
Medical Laboratory Technician performs a variety of laboratory tests and procedures to assist physicians in diagnosing, monitoring, treating and preventing disease. These tests have a wide range of areas; blood banking, chemistry, hematology, immunology, and microbiology to name a few.
As a Medical Laboratory Technician, you will :
- Examine body fluids and tissues for abnormal chemical levels, cells or bacteria.
- Prepare tissue for microscopic examination by pathologists.
- Determine blood type for transfusions.
- Conduct medical research and analyses.-Operate and maintain sophisticated instruments and equipment used in the division, is able to properlyset up, calibrate, maintain, operate and shut down such instruments.
- Maintains competence in Laboratory Information System that is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory and patient care.
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is accurate, timely and meets customer needs.
- Train and orient new Medical Laboratory Technologists in the performance and interpretation of tests.
Medical Laboratory Technician specialize in the following areas:
- Clinical chemistry - chemically analyzing blood and other body fluids.
- Clinical microbiology - culturing and identifying micro-organisms and determining antibiotic sensitivities.
- Hematology - studying blood cells and their formation in health and disease, and investigating coagulationfactors and disorders.
- Histotechnology - preparing tissue specimens for microscopic examination.
- Transfusion medicine - taking and testing blood to determine its suitability for transfusions and preparingblood products.
- Cytotechnology - microscopically examining prepared cellular slides for evidence of abnormality ordisease.
- Clinical genetics - analyzing patient tissue to determine the presence of a pre-existing or neoplastic genetic condition.- etc.
Salary : INR 1,25,000 - 1,50,000 P.A. As per organisation standards
Industry : Medical / Healthcare / Hospitals
Functional Area : Medical, Healthcare, R&D, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology
Role Category : Medical Professional
Role : Lab Technician/Medical Technician/Lab Staff
Employment Type : Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Should possess Diploma / Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology [Full Time from Recognized University / Paramedical Board]
Desired Experience :
- Minimum 0 to 3 years from a repute Hospital or Lab Diagnostics.
Personal characteristics and skills :
- Integrity and a professional attitude.
- Ability to do detailed work and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Good colour and form perception (to study blood cells, etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt easily and quickly to change.
- Enjoy taking a methodical approach to their work, analyzing results, establishing procedures and using computers and specialized instruments for accurate and precise testing.
- Preference would be given to - Female- local candidates and aspirants willing to relocate on their own.
- Aspirants are requested to E-mail resume in MS word format only along with photograph.
- Work Shifts : Rotational
- Work Location - Doddaballpura - Bengaluru - Karnataka - India
Education :UG -B.Sc - Other Specialization
PG : Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate - Doctorate Not Required
Company Profile :
Columbia Asia :
Columbia Asia has developed a unique model for hospitals. We deliver advanced medical care through facilities located in neighborhoods, rather than the central city. With sophisticated hospitals based in their communities, patients have dramatically improved access to quality affordable care
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.