Company Recruiter at Columbia Asia Hospitals
Views:326 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Columbia Asia - Pediatric Registrar - MBBS + DCH/DNB/MD (0-3 yrs)
- Provide ongoing clinical care of patients, including appropriate assessment and management under the supervision of the treating consultant. This includes, but is not limited to, attending acute and elective admissions during normal working hours, review of inpatients, outpatient clinics and leading consultant ward rounds. It is expected that Paediatric Registrar to have in-depth knowledge of any inpatients and relevant outpatients, their clinical problems and Psychosocial issues.
- Communicate empathetically with patients and their families. It is the advanced trainee's responsibility to ensure that patients and next of kin are aware and understand, if possible, the patient's diagnosis, management plan and any consequences of recommended treatment.
- Pay particular attention to unwell children and babies with frequent reviews, organize management as appropriate, including referral for retrieval or PICU, and ensure that there is relevant documentation in the medical record.
- Coordinate appropriate referral to other specialty departments and services.
- Instigate and follow up appropriate investigations, including outpatient pathology and radiology where appropriate.
- Organize and co-ordinate inter-hospital transfers (accepting and referring patients to other hospitals).
- Formulate management plans independently but also to implement the decisions of senior medical staff. Paediatric Registrar is expected to keep his/her supervising consultant informed of patient issues and seek his/her advice if unsure of management or if a child or neonate is critically unwell.
- Be responsible for the communication of the unit to other health professionals, including the completion of discharge summaries in a timely manner. In particular, it is also expected that Paediatric Registrar will correspond directly with general practitioners where appropriate.
- Oversee the documentation of any changes to management clearly and concisely in the medical record to allow good continuity of patient care after hours.
- Hand over critically unwell patients or any outstanding investigation results to the covering registrar.
- Demonstrate understanding of community resources and understanding of preventive care.
- Maintain the development of professional knowledge and skills through active involvement in the education programs of the hospital, the general Paediatric Advanced Training Educational Program and the RACP. This includes maintenance of appropriate Neonatal Resuscitation and Advanced Paediatric life support skills.
- Support research or quality improvement activities of the unit as directed.
- Participate in the on-call after hours- roster of the facility as appropriate.
- Contribute to other activities as defined by the HoD/CMS of the unit.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- MBBS + DCH / DNB/MD - Pediatrics.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience.
Skills and interests:
Pediatrician need to have the following skills and interests:
- Be good communicators.
- Enjoy working with children and their families.
- Have good team working and an excellent sense of humour.
- Have the potential to become a good diagnostician - infants and children often present with undifferentiated illness which they may not be able to describe.
- Emotional resilience.
- Patience and sensitivity when managing critical illness or disabilities in infants and children.
- Aspirants are requested to E-mail resume in MS word format only along with photograph and with details on current fixed salary + incentives if any and expected salary.
- Work Location - Hebbal, Bangalore - Karnataka - India.
- You can also reach at 9886300305. If we do not answer to your call, please do text SMS.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.