Associate Consultant at Synergy Consultants
Views:95 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Copy Editor & Medical Affairs Role (2-5 yrs)
The purpose of the Copyeditor's role in Medical Affair Quality is to review and copyedit U.S. medical (non-promotional) and promotional materials across different therapeutic areas and brands to ensure they adhere to Customer Information Quality (CIQ) and/or Medical Content Approval (MCA) requirements and corresponding process requirements.
The Copyeditor will leverage different content, project, and quality management tools to increase speed and efficiency in the review and approval of promotional and medical (non-promotional) materials.
This job description intends to provide a general overview of the job requirements at the time it was prepared. The job requirements of any position may change over time and may include additional responsibilities not specifically described in the job description. Consult with your supervisor regarding your actual job responsibilities and any related duties that may be required for the position.
- Copyedit of promotional and medical (non-promotional) materials
- Thorough understanding of quality requirements and processes (ie, CIQ and MCA requirements) and applying these guidelines during the review process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Medical teams, etc. during the review, approval, and management of content, including attending review meetings as and when required
- Validate content is aligned to CIQ and MCA requirements, ensuring consistency across related materials
- Review materials following provided style guides, templates, and against a checklist
- General knowledge of scientific literature search and retrieval
- Proofread or copyedit assigned deliverables to meet quality standards, independently
- Review/proofread the usage of language, grammar, style, spelling, grammar, and consistency to ensure readability of the document
- Identify and fix flaws in logic and flow
- Review the reference list for compliance to AMA Manual of Style/brand style
- Expertise in tools and platforms such as Veeva Vault, project planning software (e.g., Wrike, MS Project), etc.
- Ensure quality, speed, value, and compliance throughout the review process
- Support and adhere to organizational project management best practices
- Responsible and accountable for completing the assigned tasks by:
a, Uphold procedures and processes
b. Review and approve materials in a timely manner
c. Determine corrective actions to eliminate recurring issues
d. Liaising with CIQ/MCA Lead and Operations teams in tracking and managing deviations
- Partner effectively with cross-functional colleagues and facilitate shared-learning forums to establish best practices and identify challenges across teams
- Adhere to best practices based on internal standards
- Identify ways to continuously improve processes
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 2-4 years of experience as an editor, copyeditor, or proofreader of promotional and medical (non-promotional) content for publishing, marketing, communications, or advertising agencies, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Familiarity with various style guides including AMA Manual of Style/Chicago Manual of Style
- Must have good understanding of scientific/medical terminologies
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to influence, collaborate, and work on cross-functional teams and ability to make decisions within scope of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple concurrent tasks with strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and analytical ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team, within and across culturally and geographically diverse environments
- In-depth familiarity with the US CIQ/MCA framework, procedures, processes, and tools like Veeva Vault, project planning software (e.g., Wrike, MS Project), etc.
- Experience reviewing/writing Medical Affairs communications deliverables (slide decks, patient, or HCP materials, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience specific to clinical pharmacology, therapeutic areas such as neuroscience, oncology, cardiovascular, immunology or endocrinology, or other medical and scientific fields
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a scientific, health, communications, technology health-related fields