Assistant Manager HR at Fortis Healthcare Limited
Views:378 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Fortis Healthcare - Blood Bank Technician (1-3 yrs)
Job Description :
To take over from previous shift technician of :
- Blood bags stock (Tested & untested)
- Reagents stock viz. Blood grouping antisera, Coombs serum, Bovine serum, etc.
- Blood stock record, Issue, Disposal record. Grouping and crossmatch, Blood Donor Cards.
- To check the temperature graphs, temperature display of blood storage equipment. Record them with initials. To change temperature graphs as and when required.
- Donor bleeding, donor screening and post donation care. Management of Adverse donor reaction
- To prepare pooled cells and Coombs sensitized cells.
- To under trace/perform HBsAg, HCV, HIV, VDRL, MP tests as per kit insert. Also carry out test like DCT, ICT etc.
- To check the equipment/ instrument before the test is started. To report the breakdown equipment/instrument to the Medical officer or Incharge and record it. Immediate measure to be sought.
- To test new batch of antisera for titre, avidity, specificity and record findings with initials.
- To collect/receive blood samples for grouping and cross matching.
- To separate serum/plasma for testing. To detect typical antibodies in donor/recipient blood
- To carry out cell grouping, serum grouping, and cross matching by Column agglutination method. To perform Du test on Rh-negative sample of blood. Grouping and cross matching to be done immediately, not to be kept pending
- Separation of blood components within 6 hours of collection of blood.
To receive Blood Bags from other Blood Banks and note the record of the Blood Bag No., date of collection and expiry, testing and record the time of receipt. The duplicate copy to be filed.
- Pilot tube/segment to be preserved for seven days after the issue of blood. After seven days it should be discarded.
- To under take investigation of reported transfusion reaction as per instruction of Medical Officer. Record the finding.
- To dispose off unfit blood bags and in record.
- To update the registers as per the requirement without any undue delay.
- To achieve Quality control/Quality Assurance for Good Manufacturing Practices.
- To achieve harmony in the department.
- To learn new technology of blood banking and try to acquire new skills and techniques.
Industry: Medical / Healthcare / Hospitals
Functional Area: Medical, Healthcare, R&D, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology
Role Category: Medical Professional
Role: Lab Technician/Medical Technician/Lab Staff
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Experience : Min 1-3years of Experience in the relevant field.
Education : UG -Any Graduate - Any Specialization, Diploma - Any Specialization
Company Profile :
Fortis Healthcare Ltd
Fortis Healthcare Limited is committed to clinical excellence and patient-centric healthcare, which is manifest in hospital design, patient services, medical programmes and the compassionate approach of medical and non-medical hospital staff. Fortis commissioned its first hospital in 2001 at Mohali, near Chandigarh, and has expanded its operations to become a network with an over 10,000 bed capacity across 68 hospitals
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.