Proprietor at Sanskruti Solutions
Views:130 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Genetic Counselor (0-5 yrs)
Job Title : Clinical Genomics Liaisoner / Genetic Counselor
Position Reports To : VP Computational Medicine & Translational Research & Directors
Open For: Female / Male both.
Job HQ Location : Pune / Mumbai (India).
Working Days : Monday to Saturday (8 Hours Schedule). However, the candidate needs to be flexible as per business needs.
Traveling : Traveling on a PAN India basis as per business needs.
Open For : Local as well as Outstation candidates provided they are comfortable working from HQ Location Pune / Mumbai.
CTC Offering s: Open for discussion as per current drawings and offerings as per market standards.
Profile Brief :
- Look for more than answers. Patients and Oncologists rely on our genomic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
- There has been a long standing business need for support of the genomic specialty expertise needs. Genomic Counselors are trained to translate difficult, complex genomic information into understandable language and concepts for the non-genomic professional as well as the general population.
- As a Clinical Genomics Liaisoner / Counselor, you will work for the clinical genomics community, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You- ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the patients we serve.
Job Accountabilities :
- Develop professional working relationships with Oncologists and become a Clinical Genomic resource for them.
- Provide pre and post-test genomic counseling to help patients understand the benefits / limitations of testing, test results and make informed medical decisions.
- Serve as a liaison between the patient and physician to coordinate genomic testing, referrals and communicate the results of testing.
- You will be knowledgeable about medical practice guidelines for patients at increased risk for cancer. These guidelines address standards for cancer screening and risk reducing measures for high risk individuals.
- Develop standard presentations (PowerPoint- s) for use with Oncologists that can be used on a National level.
- Be available for visits to key Oncologists for formal and informal educational presentations.
- Responsible for gathering medical genomic information and when relevant, competitive test information for use in:
- Development and presentation of training presentations for sales.
- Development and presentation of educational presentations to clients: Healthcare providers and others.
- Work with Scientific Publications to develop literature for both clinicians and patients for new tests: both written and online.
- Serve as a consultant to the Health Plan group to educate them, and the Health plans about the clinical utility and uses of specific testing.
- Contribute to the development of test dossiers to support clinical utility of test offerings.
- Participate in molecular tumor boards and interdisciplinary meetings as needed.
Job Requirements :
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Genetic Counseling or related field, plus two or more years of related experience preferred.
- Board Certified as a Genetic Counselor would be preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills, outgoing personality.
- Proven ability to accomplish tasks both independently and as a member of a team.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with diverse departments within the organization.
- Ability to travel 20 - 30% on PAN India basis.