HCAH - Nursing Trainer (4-6 yrs)
The Clinical Nurse Educator is responsible for promoting best practice through staff development and education ensuring optimal patient outcomes
The key responsibility of the Nurse Educator is to meet the educational needs of the nurses in the organization
- Orientation of new nurses
- Development and management of Mandatory education
- Clinical support and ongoing education of nurses
- Assessment of nurses using clinical competencies
- Identify and respond to the learning needs of individuals and the service
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of education within the organization
The Clinical Nurse Educator is responsible for maintaining and developing the following key performance areas :
1. Clinical Practice
- Perform nursing practice in accordance with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Practice within own abilities.
- Demonstrate accountability for nursing practice.
- Maintain accreditation in mandatory and extended skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding, knowledge and skills in home oncology, home pulmonology, home ICU Care, post operative care,neonatal, paediatric critical care and retrieval nursing.
- Maintain own clinical competency skill levels.
- Demonstrate expert clinical knowledge through problem solving and decision making.
- Identify strategies for optimizing patient care based on current research and trends in clinical practice.
2. Education and Research
- Implement and evaluate clinical education programs and in-services for nurses.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a unique service orientation program in collaboration with the Unit Heads and Director Nursing.
- Initiate, participate and contribute to the development of clinical knowledge and skills of new and existing nurses.
- Provide clinical support to new and existing nurses.
- Develop and maintain clinical educational resources. Health Care at Home India - Confidential
- Identify individual learning needs of nurses in consultation with the nurse, Nursing Head and Director Nursing in order to support individual learning plans.
- Perform clinical assessments of nurses and provide certification of competency where required.
- Participate in the delivery of formal and informal education.
- Develop, implement and evaluate extended skills programs for nurses in collaboration with the Nurse Educator.
- Actively participate in activities that promote the professional development and education of nurses.
- Conducting workshops and seminars
- Supporting all nursing heads in conducting clinical audits
- Co-coordinating internal and on job training with HR and Director Nursing
- Actively participate in staff appraisal process along with nursing heads
This job description is subject to change if the role develops or is reviewed over time.
Reviewed and Approved By : Functional Head HR
Minimum: BSC Nursing
- Preferred MSC Nursing
- 3- 5 years of clinical and teaching experience
- Atleast 2 years experience as a Nursing Educator
- Demonstrated clinical teaching and facilitation skills using technology
Personal Skills & Qualities :
- Understanding of teaching and learning in the health care environment
- An excellent ability to work in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
- An ability to use own initiative to deliver results.
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills with problem solving ability
- Self-motivated and energetic approach, showing interest in understanding the business and industry.
- Confident to deal with queries and handle complaint