Senior Associate at Quess Corp
Views:2607 Applications:22 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
ICDS Nutrition Expert - Government Sector - Contractual Role (10-20 yrs)
ICDS Nutrition Expert - Bihar Vikas Mission - Contractual Role
Recruiting for : Bihar Vikas Mission, Government of Bihar.
The contract period of employment shall be for 11 months with Govt. of Bihar and can be Renewed/Extended.
Gross Salary per month : Rs. 148,500 /-
Work Location: Patna, Bihar
Note :Only eligible candidates will be considered for further evaluation.
Position Name : ICDS Nutrition Expert
Reports to: - Principal Secretary - Social Welfare Department
- PG Diploma (2 years full time) or Master's or higher degree (full time) in Nutrition / Public Health / Dietetics / Paediatrics / Medical Science / Social Work / Rural Development.
- Minimum 10 years of post-qualification experience
- Less than 70 years of age as on 1st January 2019
- Experience in planning and implementation of nutrition programs / projects for children and pregnant / lactating women
- Proven track record of working with state / central government organizations / bilateral / multilateral organizations / reputed international NGOs (such as WHO, UNICEF, National Rural Health Missions, ICDS, National Immunization Program, School Health Program) on programs of similar nature and size
- Ph.D. / M.Phil. in Infant and Young Child Nutrition or related subjects
- Certificates / Courses in relevant areas will add weight to the candidature
- Honors / Awards / recognized publications in relevant area will be an added advantage
Key Accountabilities :
Strategizing and Expert Advisory
- Provide expert advice and technical inputs to strengthen maternal, child (0-6 years) and adolescent nutrition component under ICDS
- Develop performance measuring indicators to measure the improvement in nutrition status of beneficiaries under ICDS, in collaboration with the concerned Department and related functionaries
- Review and provide guidance for developing strategy for promoting voluntary actions for nutrition and ICDS, as required
- Liaise with professionals at central / state / district level, various departments of the State Government, Ministry of Women and Child Development, and other nodal / collaborating agencies to develop holistic and multi-sectoral nutrition framework in the State for ICDS and other related programs
- Facilitate and represent the Department, in conjunction with the Principal Secretary and respective Directors in the Department, in expert committee meetings and meetings and discussions with relevant Departments such as Department of Health and Family Welfare, Rural Development, Social Welfare, Agriculture, Horticulture, Food Processing etc. and other stakeholders in matters related to nutrition of women, children and adolescents in the State
- Anchor new initiatives for the Department to facilitate better caring and feeding of children and lactating and pregnant women and better utilization of services for health, nutrition and child development
- In-depth understanding of key nutrition issues and nutritional framework
- Excellent knowledge/familiarity with the national flagship health programmes (ICDS, NRHM, NHM and others)
- Proven record of planning and managing programs and technical work in the areas of health and nutrition (published papers in peer reviewed journals).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.