Senior Human Resources Manager at Jai Vakeel Foundation
Views:130 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Jai Vakeel Foundation - Counselling Psychologist (6-8 yrs)
About the Organisation :
- One in every 50, over 26 million individuals in India has Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD). In spite of this colossal number, they are stigmatized and are considered less deserving and are unable to access the resources that they need to achieve their full potential. Within the disabilities space, IDD seems to be the most invisible. They continue to be excluded from India's mainstream development narrative, experiencing widespread violations of their rights.
- Founded in 1944, we are one of the oldest & largest not for profit institutes in India serving children & adults with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (IDD). Over the past 77 years, we have touched the lives of lakhs of children & their families. We are committed to looking at each child with a belief in their potential to lead fuller and more inclusive lives.
- We serve over 700 Individuals annually who have IDD and may have other related disabilities such as autism, epilepsy, cerebral palsy, visual &/or hearing impairment. We have our campus in Mumbai and rural branches at Deolali & Talegaon.
- Over 76% of our students belong to the lower socioeconomic strata. We have no minimum IQ requirement & till date no one has been turned away for their inability to afford our services.
Job Role: Senior counseling psychologist
Reporting: Head Healthcare
Summary: As a part of the Healthcare Team - to assess, diagnose and implement interventions for individuals with ID, to guide and empower Parents and Teachers to manage them. To support and enhance the capabilities of the clinical psychologists in the team.
Key Responsibilities :
Parents and Students :
- Counselling, providing therapy and guiding parents one on one as well as in group sessions
- Creating home programs for parents/guardians and training them on the implementation of the said program
- Planning the parent/guardian awareness and sensitization training calendars and conducting the trainings
- Administering psychometric tests for assessment and diagnosis of the students and ensuring reassessments and reviews are done at decided intervals
Organisation and Teachers :
- Coordinating and guiding teachers on effective programs and classroom interventions for students
- Research and create more intervention modules in collaboration with the team
- Attending paediatric neurology and rural medical camps
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications :
- Masters/Msc in Psychology (counselling+Clinical) with 7-8 years of work experience
- Experience in working with parents/guardians required and experience of working IDD children added advantage
- Experience in guiding and working with Junior Psychologists on intervention programs
- Excellent communication skills in English, Hindi (mandatory) and Marathi (preferred)
- Experience in using tech i.e. MS-office, online software to capture session data and progress reports.