Senior Human Resources Manager at Jai Vakeel Foundation
Views:128 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Jai Vakeel Foundation - Speech Therapist (1-4 yrs)
About the Organisation :
- One in every 50, over 26 million individuals in India has Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD). In spite of this colossal number, they are stigmatized and are considered less deserving and are unable to access the resources that they need to achieve their full potential. Within the disabilities space, IDD seems to be the most invisible. They continue to be excluded from India's mainstream development narrative, experiencing widespread violations of their rights.
- Founded in 1944, we are one of the oldest & largest not for profit institutes in India serving children & adults with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (IDD). Over the past 77 years, we have touched the lives of lakhs of children & their families. We are committed to looking at each child with a belief in their potential to lead fuller and more inclusive lives.
- We serve over 700 Individuals annually who have IDD and may have other related disabilities such as autism, epilepsy, cerebral palsy, visual &/or hearing impairment. We have our campus in Mumbai and rural branches at Deolali & Talegaon.
- Over 76% of our students belong to the lower socioeconomic strata. We have no minimum IQ requirement & till date no one has been turned away for their inability to afford our services.
Job Role : SPEECH THERAPIST
Reporting : Head Healthcare
Summary : To assess, diagnose, treat speech and communication difficulty or disorder and develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment oral motor or communicative functions through individualized or group therapy. Work as part of a multidisciplinary team, such as Paediatric Neurologist, Clinical psychologist, OT, PT, Psychiatrist etc. The role can involve working with a diverse individuals group, including people with physical, intellectual disabilities, hearing loss/deafness., Autism Spectrum disorder, and other disorders.
Key Responsibilities :
Assessments and Therapy :
- Conduct assessment to diagnose the cause and level of speech and communication difficulty and disorder.
- Create and implement suitable treatment/therapy plans and revise the same as and when needed for various levels of speech, language and communication problems, and with those who have swallowing, drinking or eating difficulties.
- To conduct individual as well as group therapy sessions.
- To help individuals with communication difficulties using AAC such as PECS and Makaton and other AAC Aids as well as speech therapy apps
Parents and Caregivers :
- Guide and counsel parents and caregivers on dealing with the disorders and train them on implementing the programme at home.
- To conduct training programmes for parents as and when required.
- Document and update student/patient records (assessment, diagnosis, progress, treatment etc.)
- Prepare reports as and when required
- Attend the rural medical camps conducted by Jai Vakeel Foundation in Maharashtra
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Masters in Speech and Audiology with 2-3 years of work experience
- Experience in working with IDD children added advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English, Hindi (mandatory) and Marathi (preferred)
- Experience in using tech i.e. MS-office, online software to capture session data and progress reports and updated on new therapies for speech and audiology
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.