Lab Director (0-20 yrs)
Position purpose :
- The Lab Director will develop the newborn screening and diagnostic services for inherited metabolic disorders to meet the increasing demands in this complex specialty and to assist in the provision of a comprehensive pediatric Clinical Biochemistry/ Biochemical Genetics service specializing in diagnosing and monitoring of infants, children and adults with inherited metabolic disorders. The aim and goals of the Lab Director includes and not limited
- To providing the analytical verification and interpretation of laboratory results and the clinical advisory services on the diagnosis and management of patients within the scope of his/her professional competence.
- To maintain and develop the scientific and analytical objectives of the laboratories with particular emphasis on, but not restricted to, the diagnosis of inherited metabolic disorders within the resources available including providing an expert analytical, interpretive and clinical advisory service in these areas.
- To work independently within professional guidelines set by the department.
- To be responsible for maintaining the quality management systems in the lab that the department complies with the regulatory requirements.
- To carry out audits, service development, research and development within the department.
- To take an active role in all aspects of clinical/medical scientist staff development including training/retraining and higher education.