Lab Technician (2-3 yrs)
- Liaise with academic staff to discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans
- Run trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrate techniques for experiments
- Prepare equipment and chemicals before lessons - from test tubes to state-of-the-art microscopes
- Maintain and repair equipment and laboratory apparatus
- Keep records, e.g. for students' practical sessions, tracking methods and results
- Ensure that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals, drugs and other materials are appropriately stored
- Catalogue recordings and make them available when requested (if the department houses audiovisual resources)
- Support the work of teachers in classes and laboratory sessions and give technical advice to staff and students
- Work with individual students and support them on research projects
- Manage the stock control of chemicals and equipment
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures are understood and followed correctly
- Coordinate work in the laboratory to ensure efficient use is made of expensive pieces of equipment.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.