Director at Razor Sharp HR & Consulting Private Limited
Views:153 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Laboratory Head (10-30 yrs)
LAB HEAD- OVERALL INCHARGE OF LAB
- Provides medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products, and services by establishing specimen preparation procedures; developing and implementing analytical procedures; evaluating laboratory information; consulting with pathologists; reporting results according to protocols mandated by the hospital and public health department.
- Maintains medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintains medical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
Maintains medical laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustment.
- Maintains quality results by participating in the hospital quality assurance program; consulting with pathologists; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; making adjustments in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records.
- Maintains medical laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress.
- Maintains medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains medical laboratory staff results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Prepares physicians, nurses, patients, and students by teaching analytical theory, testing methodology, and the role of tested components in human physiology and medical practice.
- Complies with state and professional continuing education licensure requirements by providing in-service programs; monitoring outcomes.
- Resolves problems by consulting with pathologists, other laboratory managers, technical coordinators, laboratory directors, physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals; attending committee meetings.
- Bills for services by completing requests for service; monitoring billed units; providing the billing office with service codes.
- Provides administrative support for the hospital by acting as manager on call.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.