Senior HR Executive at Lilac Insights Pvt Ltd
Views:49 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Lilac Insights - Junior Cytogenetic Lab Technician (0-2 yrs)
1. Maintains a safe and clean working environment; adhering to all safety procedures.
2. Follows laboratory, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
3. Assists in various stages of cytogenetic/ FISH testing according to established protocols/procedures.
4. Assists in compiling results used for making accurate diagnoses and prognoses.
5. Performs job duties in an efficient and organized manner within required time frame.
6. Responsible for accurate and timely performance of testing to be used for reporting.
7. Assists in updating clinical information required for tests by following up with sales team,customers respectively.
8. Stores and handles specimens according to procedures or instructions provided by the Cytogenetic Technical Specialist
9. Enters relevant specimen information and data into tracking system.
10. Receives specimens, assesses priority, assures appropriate specimen identification, and appropriate specimen type.
11. Completes related paperwork and/or computer documentation.
12. Prepares and packages specimens for off-site testing (on instruction).
13. Performs instrument operation, maintenance, and documentation as defined by
Technical Specialist and/or written policies.
14. Prepares a complete and accurate patient file including requisition, log book entry, cell culture and harvest record, as needed.
15. Performs administrative functions: such as physical and electronic record maintenance,updating logs, filing documents.
16. Sorts and stores Cytogenetics and FISH slides.
17. Files and stores patient files.
18. Inventory control and management.
19. Reagent preparation.
20. Maintains cultured pellets for negative and positive controls.
21. Performs other job duties or projects as assigned.
22. Assists in various lab techniques with the senior technician
23. As directed by supervisor, demonstrates or explains procedures to new employees when necessary.
Desired Skills :
1. Bachelors or Medical Laboratory Technician certification or equivalent scientific education
2. Well known knowledge of various instruments, such as microscopes, centrifuges,incubators and pipettes.
3. Experience in Microsoft Excel is preferred, not required
4. Able to learn new techniques, instrumentations, and job functions as appropriate to credentials and/or training.