Manager - Medical Coding Operations - BPO (8-15 yrs)
- Bachelors or master's degree - Life sciences/Medicine.
- Coding certification from AAPC - CCS; CCS-P; CPC etc.
- Minimum 8-10 years of medical coding and QA experience in professional coding and/or facility coding and Denial management.
- Experience of working across multiple coding specialties, denial management and operations.
- Strong knowledge of coding domains - E/M, ED, Radiology, Surgery, Pathology, IP DRG, HCC & Denial Management.
- Strong knowledge of coding/Denial Management operations, People & Process management.
- Should have handled a Team of 45+ coders.
- Excellent relationship building and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across all levels.
- HIPAA compliant and compliant with all Industry policies and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review and monitor day-to-day Medical coding/denial management operations and Service Level Agreements.
- Take ownership of organization's coding team certification goals by preparing and mentoring the coders for different certification programs.
- Be a subject matter expert to guide team for accurate coding.
(a) Big Picture Perspective:
- Understands the process vision & has the ability to translate the same to the team
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of team's performance on sub /process objectives
- Reviews own actions against the process objectives
- Identifies long term issues, problems or opportunities for the team
(b) Business Acumen:
- Appreciates the inter-dependencies between teams/functions
- Understands impact of business metrics on profitability
- Suggests solutions based on inferences from the data
- Demonstrates expertise in functional knowledge
- Demonstrates functional expertise to coach/mentor peers/team members
(a) Planning & Organizing:
- Cost optimization and maximum utilization of resources for productivity
- Comes out with new ideas for process improvements to enhance customer service.
- Responsible for preparation of process budget and manpower.
(b) Directing & Monitoring:
- Manages day-to-day operations of the Unit, including attendance, attrition and outages, to minimize customer impact.
- Manages Average Handling Time (AHT) as per SLAs
- Accountable for the production and quality targets of the Unit
- Managing the profitability of the process
(d) Problem Solving & Decision making
- Is able to identify problems and take decisions independently
- Provides solutions to individual and organizational problems
Partner with Customers
a) Relationship Building
- Coordinating with the client on process related issues and updates
b) Passion for excellence
- Manages daily performance to ensure that all Associates and Team Leads are meeting SLAs.
- Meets/exceeds service and quality levels as assigned by Management/Client.
- Uphold Our Client/Company values
a) Managing Self
- Identify and participate in training / developmental programs
b) Inspiring others / managing teams
- Coaches and mentors Associates & Team Leads
- Optimum utilization of resource to meet productivity.
- Interview candidates to ensure quality of Hire.
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Identify key people and mentor leaders
- Conducting team reviews, submitting progress reports of the team to the Program Lead
Interested Candidate can send your updated resume
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.