Medical Advisor/Regional Medical Advisor - Therapeutic Area - Pharma Firm (2-6 yrs)
KonnectHR, Executive search firm based at Mumbai, which has asserted its stout and vigorous presence in the pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Healthcare Industry Since 2010. We have handled more than 1000 searches at Senior and Middle management level.
We come up with the excellent opening for the position of Regional Medical Advisor & Medical Advisor With Top Pharma Co.
Regional Medical Advisor : - [ Base Location could be Hyderabad / Bangalore / Chennai ] - 10 to 12 days Travel in a month.
Medical Advisor need one in [ Base Location Hyderabad ] 5 to 6 days Travel in a month.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Core scientific member of cross-functional franchise team and a disease area expert, responsible for scientific foundation of Therapeutic Area (TA)medical strategy
- Conceptualization and project management of wide range of medical activities (including research, publications, medical education, patient support programs, advisory board meetings etc.) that are aligned to the TA Medical strategy
- Engagement of identified key thought leaders through medical affairs activities, in alignment with the overall strategic plan
- Responsible to ensure optimal execution of strategic medical affairs plan through Regional Medical Affairs including but not limited to medical education, product education, medical evidence generation, advisory boards, pre-license activities and special projects .
- A therapeutic area scientific expert, responsible for discussing the scientific data pertaining to products on proactive and reactive basis, patients- treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which the Company is involved, with defined audience of leading specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other Stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart
- Responsible for devising optimal training plan to ensure flow of latest medical developments in the given to sales &marketing team
- Jointly responsible with therapy area lead to support optimal patient outcomes through communication of data, information, knowledge and insights in support of healthcare professional needs and organizational goals
- Representing the organization in various internal & external scientific platforms
- Responsible for development of Medical Affairs strategic plan for identified TAs and products
- Ability to convert insightson disease trends and treatment patterns from key thought leadersinto viable and formidable strategic plans to shape the therapeutic areas of interest
- Responsible for identifying knowledge gaps, practice gaps and data gaps and develop strategic medical actions plans including but not limited to medical education, product education, evidence generation and special projects
- Collaborating with thought leaders to conduct therapy specific reviews, meta-analysis, case studies, case series, patient reported outcomes and publish them in journals of repute
- Receiving and processing scientific information requests received from physicians
- Ability to handle complex questions from health care professionals related to GGI products or disease area to satisfaction
- Ensure that all activities in the TA are conducted in alignment to COBE (Code of Business Ethics) Policy and compliance guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring that all promotional, physician and patient education materials are approved within stipulated timelines and in alignment with Promotional Material approval policy
- Product pipeline champion with an ability to identify unmet needs through active stakeholder interactions and actively contribute in the new product ideation and development of differentiated products
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Prefer 2 to 6 years working experience in the pharmaceutical industry or research company in a Medical Advisor capacity
- Experience in the relevant TA preferred
- Training in medical writing, clinical trial methodologies, research design and ICH - GCP will be added advantage
- Must have working knowledge of Indian regulations pertaining to Health care professionals interactions (MCI code of ethics for doctors & UCPMP Code for Pharma) and Drugs and Cosmetic Act regulations pertaining to clinical trials and new drug approvals
- Strong academic record with deep knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research with knowledge of research methodologies and interpretation of medical data
- Strategic mindset with scientific acumen and communication skills in order to be accepted by leading specialists in peer-to-peer relationship is essential
- Experience with complex business environments preferred
- Strong track record of success as demonstrated through annual performance ratings and/or professional accomplishments and awards
- Integrity driven decision making skills
- Sound scientific knowledge
- Collaboration and teaming with ability to work in a matrix environment
- Strategic thinking & sound analytical skills
- Big picture orientation with attention to detail
- Sense of urgency & desire to excel
- Intellectual curiosity
- Self-awareness and adaptability to work in a matrix environment
- Result oriented and performance driven
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills to effectively interact with a broad range of audience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The role is majority office based but will involve extensive leading thought leader interactions with an average 5 to 6 days of field visits. Occasionally, it requires work on weekends or travel in case of planned medical events.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.