Medical Data Abstractor - Hospital - BDS/BAMS/BHMS (0-4 yrs)
Position & Role Description
Medical Data Abstraction (Across Levels) | Experience: 0-4 Years | Location: Bangalore
The Data Abstractor navigates electronic medical record systems and other medical databases,reviews medical records, and abstracts medical record data related to specified disease and project requirements.
- Access electronic data systems for review of medical records and enter specific data into congruent electronic data systems.
- Review project specific documents, as needed, to develop familiarity with project goals and with the Abstractor tasks in each project.
- Use other resources as needed to gain the knowledge required to perform Abstractor work on new projects.
- Share medical knowledge and project-specific procedural knowledge with other Data Abstractors as needed.
- Contribute to/Update the Abstractor meeting agenda for periodic meetings, as needed.
- Respond promptly to queries issued by the Lead Data Abstractor, Operations Manager or other project personnel.
- Ability understand the Inclusion, Exclusion criteria, adverse event, hospitalization data,medications details and categories the data accordingly.
- Ability to understand the diagnostic, pathology and other reports and obtain the required exact information.
- Conduct additional duties as assigned, including review ofselected medical records to assess eligibility for new projects.
Experience & Education, Training :
- Experience: 0 to 4 Years
- BDS, BAMS, BHMS, B. Sc (Nursing) only.
- Medical knowledge is mandatory (Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Dental, etc.)
- Oncology experience is preferable; familiarity with how cancer is treated from diagnosis through treatment & recovery & an understanding of cancer terminology.
- Experience in entering the data or review of data in other therapeutic areas like,
cardiovascular, immunology, Metabolic diseases are also considered.
- Experience in reading of Medical records or reports or any patient treatment related data is desirable.
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and time management skills mandatory.
- Flexibility in coping with changing work assignments, changing project requirements,varying training meeting schedules, and database resources that may not ways function optimally.
- Computer skills are required, as 90% of work activity involves working with a computer.Comfort with technology, and willingness to learn new software programs is highly desirable.
- Ability to make independent judgments in abstracting medical data and the knowledge of when to seek input from other staff
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.