Partner at Morpheus Human Consulting Private Limited
Views:132 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Medical Equipment Technician - Healthcare (1-10 yrs)
Medical Equipment Technician, Illinois, USA
Job Details :
Experience : 1 - 0 Years
Annual Salary 33280 - 35360 USD
Work Location : Peoria, Illinois, USA
Domain Healthcare- Hospital Administration
Healthcare- Hospital Administration
Peoria, Illinois, USA
Client Details :
TOTAL HOME HEALTH
Client has been a leading provider of home health medical equipment and services since 1989. They provide in-home healthcare services and a full range of the latest medical equipment including:
- Home & Travel Oxygen
- Respiratory Therapy
- Sleep Therapy
- Nutrition Therapy
- Wound Care
- Pediatric Services
- Respiratory Ventilator Care
- Home Medical Equipment
They also provide full-service support and education on all home oxygen use, medical equipment, respiratory, enteral therapy, wound care, sleep treatment and pediatric services.
When you need healthcare services in your home, you want to be sure you are in good hands. With Total Home Health, you can count on the highest level of service and quality.
Job Description :
The Medical Equipment Technician provides for the selection, delivery, set-up, demonstration and continued maintenance of designated items such as respiratory care, home medical equipment and related supplies. Duties also include providing patient-customer training in the safe and proper use of all delivered equipment and supplies.
THIS IS AN HOURLY POSITION AT THE RATE OF $16-17 PER HOUR PLUS OVERTIME AND ON-CALL PAY.
Essential Position Functions:
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not sited; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains assigned company vehicle to (1) keep vehicle in good repair and/or report all problems that might need repair or attention on a timely basis, and (2) keep vehicle clean and orderly so that it represents the company well.
- Arranges for the timely delivery and set-up of requested items of home medical equipment and related supplies.
- Assures that all equipment and supplies selected for delivery are clean and in optimum working condition.
- Provides patient-customers with verbal and written instructions on the safe and proper use of all delivered equipment, including where appropriate, information on safety and infection control.
- As appropriate, apprizes patient-customers of potentially unsafe or harmful situations in the home environment related to the use of delivered equipment and offers appropriate remedies for the same.
- As indicated, arranges for the pick-up and return of all discontinued equipment and its ultimate replacement into active rental inventory according to established cleaning and maintenance guidelines.
- Maintains equipment storage, cleaning and repair areas in a neat orderly, and safe manner, including delivery vehicles.
- Ensures the continued availability in inventory of commonplace items of home medical equipment and related supplies.
- Performs repairs and/or periodic maintenance on selected items of home medical equipment when such activities can be performed safely and in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines and training criteria.
- Completes all paperwork documenting delivery and receipt of requested equipment and supplies, as well as all training provided, the performance of environmental assessments and the identification of unsafe situations with recommended action(s) to remedy same.
- Submits all completed paperwork, including any payments collected upon delivery, in a timely manner.
- Participates in the organization-wide Performance Improvement Program
- Maintains continued competency in-home care services by participating in scheduled staff development activities.
- Operates the bulk liquid oxygen system and delivers, maintains, and troubleshoots all related patient equipment.
- Participates in a rotational - on-call- system with other patient-care employees.
- Actively solicits additional business on an ongoing basis.
- Actively solicits additional referral sources on an ongoing basis.
- Cooperates and assists with whatever work is deemed necessary by company management.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Prior experience in a driver/delivery capacity preferred
- Possesses a valid driver's license and provide evidence of a good driving record
- IMPORTANT: Must possess or acquire a CDL driver's license with hazardous materials training
Knowledge of :
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication abilities
- Capable of mature judgment
- Able to follow directions, read a roadmap and schedule home deliveries
- Exhibits good personal hygiene and grooming
Skill In :
- Using initiative, discretion, and judgment within established procedures, guidelines and rules.
- Defining problems, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Managing situations requiring diplomacy, fairness, firmness, and sound judgment.
- Researching and developing practical solutions issues or problems.
- Multi-tasking and performing efficient time management.
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Operating computer and various software applications.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with managers, supervisors, employees, vendors, customers and the general public.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements :
- Work is performed in a warehouse/office environment and in close proximity to other workers. Will be exposed to those conditions normally encountered in a warehouse/office environment, exposure to computer screens. Long periods of paperwork review and computer entry/review. Ability to travel to other local offices for meeting as needed.
- Physical demands are average, consisting primarily of sitting, standing, and walking. Lifting and carrying are required, maximum 50 lbs individual, up to 100 lbs with assistance; Extensive use of computer keyboard, typewriter and calculator may be required. Must be able to see and hear in the normal range with or without correction, and communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood. Must have the stamina to work long hours, and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends or evenings.
Company Provided Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Health Care Spending Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
Vacation Paid Time Off and Sick Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Overtime as needed
- Oncall overtime