HR at Nirogam India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:134 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Nirogam - Formulation Chemist - Cosmetics (2-6 yrs)
What you will do:
Research Work :
- Literature search, development of thesis of acquired products through reverse pharmacology,establishment of the safety profile of herbs and finished poly-herbal cosmetics through literature,evaluation of probable claims/activities of herbs and finished poly-herbal products through literature,coordination with third party manufacturers (R&D).
- Understanding the skin's structure, physiology and needs are fundamental to developing sound formulations and for this profile.
- Has a passion for research. Researching ingredients is a big part of this role and its day-to-day activities
- Discover new ingredients, learn the properties of the botanical ingredients and how to use them in the best way possible
Product Development :
- Direct involvement in product development processes, improvement, safety and efficacy of raw materials, documentation, and finalization of finished products as per the respective regulations.
- Tight, competent formulation design to reduce waste and speed development time.
- Having deep knowledge of the skin's layers and its various cell types, along with its function and processes and understanding skin absorbency to design more efficient products.- Has studied and worked with the structure and needs of the skin and its ideal pH, hydration and protection to - formulate- safe, effective products.
- Has the key skills that distinguish a proficient Cosmetic Formulation Chemist from someone who follows DIY recipes found online.
- Constantly strives for improvement and the best possible product performance, stability, look and feel that differentiates Nirogam's products from competitors. The classical adage, - practice makes perfect-, applies here.
- Must have the know-how, learning, and ability to design a formulation that is both stable and effective.
- Should know what ingredients are necessary to create different types of formulas such as emulsions, balms, gels, and toners and understand what differentiates one product type from another.
- Should also know which ingredients will blend homogeneously with other different types of ingredients, say an oil blended with a powder or other different kinds of ingredients.
- Should know when it is necessary to add a preservative, a chelating agent or an emulsifier to a formula, and if they have any particular instructions to follow or if they require additives to improve their performance
- Knows the basic structure of each type of formulation, would work to improve a formula- s composition, and to customize it in accordance with a product brief.
- Gains skills incrementally, without feeling overwhelmed and wasting precious ingredients Nirogam has invested in.
We recommend just taking one step at a time on the journey in cosmetic formulation.
Records and Documentation :
- Keep detailed, updated records.
- Record the process to minimize repetition and wastage of time and financial investment.
- Reads and is aware of previous experiments done to learn more about specific processes and ingredients.
Required Skills and Qualification :
Technical Competencies :
- M Pharma in Pharmaceutics/Cosmeceuticals or Masters in Cosmetic Technology or Masters in any life science discipline with hands-on experience in cosmetics product development.
- Diploma/degree/certificate from perfumery, aroma, fragrance, flavors, institute essential like FFDC,CSDO, or any other school, institute of cosmetics, etc. would be essential.
- Minimum 2-3 years- experience in cosmetic/personal care products development, preferred in natural or herbal cosmetics
- Knowledge of global cosmetics regulations, understanding of troubleshooting of products.
- Should have experience in blending perfumery compounds, essential oils, flower essences.
- Exposure to any scientific databases or academic search engines.
- Downstream formulation experience in consumer goods, with cosmetics and personal care.
- Working knowledge of physical testing and analytical methods.
Behavioral Competencies :
- Ability to work with a team to develop products from inception to market realization, not just modifications to an existing formula. Create recipes based on new types of ingredients outside the bounds of known formulations.
- Independent thinker with the ability to - connect the dots- across previously disconnected ideas to create new combinations and possibilities.
- Highly collaborative, driven, and self-motivated with a positive attitude.- Problem solver with the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate the transfer of thoughts and data.
- Should be able to convey and drive project goals and objectives clearly and objectively