HR at Nirogam India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:168 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Nirogam - Formulation Chemist - Cosmetics (2-6 yrs)
What you will do:
Research Work :
- Literature search, development of thesis of acquired products through reverse pharmacology,establishment of the safety profile of herbs and finished poly-herbal cosmetics through literature,evaluation of probable claims/activities of herbs and finished poly-herbal products through literature,coordination with third party manufacturers (R&D).
- Understanding the skin's structure, physiology and needs are fundamental to developing sound formulations and for this profile.
- Has a passion for research. Researching ingredients is a big part of this role and its day-to-day activities
- Discover new ingredients, learn the properties of the botanical ingredients and how to use them in the best way possible
Product Development :
- Direct involvement in product development processes, improvement, safety and efficacy of raw materials, documentation, and finalization of finished products as per the respective regulations.
- Tight, competent formulation design to reduce waste and speed development time.
- Having deep knowledge of the skin's layers and its various cell types, along with its function and processes and understanding skin absorbency to design more efficient products.- Has studied and worked with the structure and needs of the skin and its ideal pH, hydration and protection to - formulate- safe, effective products.
- Has the key skills that distinguish a proficient Cosmetic Formulation Chemist from someone who follows DIY recipes found online.
- Constantly strives for improvement and the best possible product performance, stability, look and feel that differentiates Nirogam's products from competitors. The classical adage, - practice makes perfect-, applies here.
- Must have the know-how, learning, and ability to design a formulation that is both stable and effective.
- Should know what ingredients are necessary to create different types of formulas such as emulsions, balms, gels, and toners and understand what differentiates one product type from another.
- Should also know which ingredients will blend homogeneously with other different types of ingredients, say an oil blended with a powder or other different kinds of ingredients.
- Should know when it is necessary to add a preservative, a chelating agent or an emulsifier to a formula, and if they have any particular instructions to follow or if they require additives to improve their performance
- Knows the basic structure of each type of formulation, would work to improve a formula- s composition, and to customize it in accordance with a product brief.
- Gains skills incrementally, without feeling overwhelmed and wasting precious ingredients Nirogam has invested in.
We recommend just taking one step at a time on the journey in cosmetic formulation.
Records and Documentation :
- Keep detailed, updated records.
- Record the process to minimize repetition and wastage of time and financial investment.
- Reads and is aware of previous experiments done to learn more about specific processes and ingredients.
Required Skills and Qualification :
Technical Competencies :
- M Pharma in Pharmaceutics/Cosmeceuticals or Masters in Cosmetic Technology or Masters in any life science discipline with hands-on experience in cosmetics product development.
- Diploma/degree/certificate from perfumery, aroma, fragrance, flavors, institute essential like FFDC,CSDO, or any other school, institute of cosmetics, etc. would be essential.
- Minimum 2-3 years- experience in cosmetic/personal care products development, preferred in natural or herbal cosmetics
- Knowledge of global cosmetics regulations, understanding of troubleshooting of products.
- Should have experience in blending perfumery compounds, essential oils, flower essences.
- Exposure to any scientific databases or academic search engines.
- Downstream formulation experience in consumer goods, with cosmetics and personal care.
- Working knowledge of physical testing and analytical methods.
Behavioral Competencies :
- Ability to work with a team to develop products from inception to market realization, not just modifications to an existing formula. Create recipes based on new types of ingredients outside the bounds of known formulations.
- Independent thinker with the ability to - connect the dots- across previously disconnected ideas to create new combinations and possibilities.
- Highly collaborative, driven, and self-motivated with a positive attitude.- Problem solver with the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate the transfer of thoughts and data.
- Should be able to convey and drive project goals and objectives clearly and objectively
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.