Phlebotomist (1-2 yrs)
- Identifying patients and their personal information by reviewing their identity documents.
- Assessing patient needs, reviewing patient history, and determining the reason(s) for drawing blood.
- Selecting gauge needles and preparing veins or fingers for blood drawing.
- Extracting blood from patients through venipuncture or fingersticks.
- Analyzing blood specimens using the correct testing equipment, when necessary.
- Preparing specimens for transportation, including labeling vials accurately and matching blood specimens to patients.
- Supplying diagnostic notes to physicians, other healthcare professionals, and hospitals.
- Keeping and maintaining records of patient names, volume of blood drawn, and diagnostic findings.
- Cleaning, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment used in the drawing and testing of blood specimens.