Manager at Shri Ji Healthcare
Views:81 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Phlebotomist - Hospital (2-5 yrs)
We are looking for a Phlebotomist to draw blood and other tissue or fluid from patients for testing, research or donations.
Phlebotomist duties :
One of the most important phlebotomist job duties is to properly identify patients and correctly use phlebotomy methods (e.g. venipuncture, skin puncture). We- ll rely on you to preserve patient health and quality of samples.
Phlebotomist job requirements :
- We're looking for important phlebotomist skills such as presence of mind, people skills and attention to detail. You should have a diploma in phlebotomy and have knowledge of puncture techniques.
- If you're dedicated to your patients and have a firm but kind hand, we- d like to meet you.
- Arrange daily activities based on urgency of requests for fluid samples
- Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents or other means
- Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Find veins that are suitable for puncture
- Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples
- Label samples correctly and send or deliver them for testing
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working
- Help with blood transfusions when needed
Requirements and skills :
- Proven experience as a Phlebotomist or Phlebotomy Technician
- Experience with effective puncture techniques
- Understanding of proper patient identification methods
- Knowledge of legal requirements about drawing blood, handling fluid samples and use of relevant medical equipment and material
- Ability to use computers to enter information
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to connect with various types of patients (such as children, elderly, pregnant women) and make them feel comfortable
- Patience and presence of mind
- Diploma in Phlebotomy or extensive on-the-job training