Consultant at Michael Page
Views:169 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Plantation Agriculture Chemist - Indian Conglomerate (8-15 yrs)
Please apply only if you fulfill the following criteria:
- Only candidates who have completed M.Sc./Ph.D. in Agricultural Chemistry/Soil science to apply
- Only candidates with 8+ years of post Ph.D experience or 10+ years of post PG experience to apply
- Only candidates who are experienced with soil science for grains, rice, tea, coffee, fertilizers or sugar to apply
About Our Client :
Our client is a reputed Indian conglomerate. Currently they are looking for an agriculture chemist for a plantation in South India.
This is a confidential search and absolutely no attempts must be made to reach out to the organization or any of its employees.
Job Description :
Reporting into the Plantation Manager and managing a team of 700+ staff, you will be responsible for:
1. Supporting the plantation by preparing and circulating Soil lime & Fertilizer Programme
2. Analysing Soil, Fertilizer, Compost, leaf and water samples received from estates
3. Handling and maintaining R&D analytical instruments, supporting all certification programmes (Government Certification - Department of Scientific and Industrial Research and International Certifications - UTZ, RFA, IS 22000, etc.) and monitoring estate soil health by field visits as and when required
4. Undertaking research projects - Nutritional management, Cost effectiveness & Pollution control
5. Monitoring System i.e. Soil Heath Sustenance, Water resources at estates to confirm farm activities are not polluting the eco-system
6. Analysing Agro-inputs - identifying sources and maintaining quality adherence to Fertilizer Control Order Specification and others.
7. Monitoring waste water treatment as per statutory norms and formulating SOP for analysis and instrumentation
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you are a M.Sc./Ph.D. in Agricultural Chemistry/Soil science with a total of 10+ years of work experience with experience of soil science for grains, rice, tea, coffee, fertilizers or sugar. You should possess good communication skills, interpersonal skills and leadership skills. You should have an excellent track record in your earlier professional stint and should be ready for the next challenging assignment.
What's on Offer :
Excellent work culture
Opportunity to work for a reputed Indian Conglomerate
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.