Founder at Coventix Business Solutions
Views:132 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Scientist - Product Development - Pharma (4-7 yrs)
- The basic challenge will be to demonstrate product development capability within the category.
- The candidate is expected to build a vibrant NPD pipeline of projects within R&D on the basis of existing insights/category.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, and, must display a strong inclination and passion to develop a host of innovative projects which shall feed the NPD pipeline.
- Candidate must be able to quickly spot product opportunities based on the consumer in sighting/domain knowledge and define a quick road map for rapid product development.
- The candidate should have a thorough understanding of pre-formulations and product development.
- The candidate should have strong technical and hands-on experience in developing Hair care formulations.
- Document the product development pathway by means of suitable reports and dossiers, interact and coordinate with different functions for various activities
- Conduct wet and instrumental analysis of relevant product categories.
- Utilize measurement techniques to characterize and predict product behavior over time.
- Understand and follow protocols/test methods used to measure functional and aesthetic performance- Analyse and evaluate the competition.
- The role requires regular interaction with Innovation & Marketing functions. The candidate will report to the R&D Head and shall interact with the Head Personal Care Research to build a relevant product portfolio in Haircare.
- Strong Interpersonal skills- Strong communication and presentation skills- An understanding of regulations governing cosmetics - Analytical abilities coupled with an understanding of and ability to use statistical tools-
- Must possess a sound understanding of product formulations, consumer expectations/insights, as well as gaps in the delivery of existing formats.
- Some level of consumer interaction to understand consumer needs- An appetite for learning, open mind for innovation, questioning status quo, ability to think out of the box.
- Ability to work in a team & to demonstrate the practical use of the knowledge base in Innovation Projects.
Qualification: - M Tech/M.Sc - Chemistry /Cosmetics Technology with 4-7 years- experience in the field of formulation development preferably in the field of hair, Skin