Senior Talent Acquisition at
Views:360 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Senior Embryologist - Healthcare (9-15 yrs)
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- To perform day-to-day duties in the embryology laboratory, including all advanced embryology techniques.
- To ensure an excellence of care for all gametes and embryos in the laboratory.
- As a senior embryologist to deputies for the lead embryologist as a member of the center local management team.
- To participate in regular ongoing quality control of laboratory equipment, and to monitor KPIs.
- To continually strive to advance the patient experience / success and identify and suggest areas where improvements can be made.
- To support the lead embryologist in achieving long term operational goals.
- To participate in senior embryologists meetings and to share ideas, best practice and results across the group.
- To help promote their specific unit by presentation at external and in-house meetings and attendance at patient open days/ support groups.
- To support the Clinical Science function and other IVF centers by their willingness to work at other company sites.
- To participate in an On Call rota.
- Jointly responsible for local annual objectives, and where possible group-wide objectives.
- To input into periodic reviews of embryology services ensuring up-to-date techniques are being used.
- To keep abreast of current developments in the field of embryology by attendance at conferences / workshops and journal review, to make suggestions for new treatment types / methods / systems.
- To strive for continual improvement in laboratory standards, equipment and success.
- To write, review and amend embryology Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) / Work Instructions (WI- s) they have ownership of.
- To assist with equipment and process validation including periodic reviews.
Deputizing for and decision making in the absence of the lead embryologist if and when required. To ensure smooth and organized operation of the laboratory. To offer guidance, support and mentor-ship to trainee embryologists, and assist training in all laboratory techniques e.g. ICSI.
ACCOUNTABILITY AREA :
As part of a team responsible for providing consistent high standard ART services to the ACU accountable to the Clinic Manager and Head of Science in the absence of the Lead Embryologist.
AUTONOMY & AUTHORITY :
Freedom to make treatment recommendations based upon test results, and intermediate recommendations during treatment. Responsible for daily patient specific decisions, such as assessing embryo fate i.e. transfer, cryopreservation, disposal. Freedom to suggest procedural changes for subsequent discussion, approval and implementation.
FUNCTIONAL-KNOWLEDGE/BUSINESS EXPERTISE :
Founded upon sound academic knowledge, extensive in-house and vocational training, continually updated via a CPD programme, journal reviews, conference attendance and membership of professional bodies, ensuring that the highest quality, up to date and appropriate treatment options are available to our patients. Have in depth knowledge of the HFEA Code of Practice and the ability to work within the Regulatory Framework. To keep abreast of current thinking and treatment innovations within the profession.
PROBLEM SOLVING :
Often complex and multi factorial, e.g. considering patient specific factors, fundamental physiological and scientific principles, using job experience and knowledge of up to date results, theories and opinions.
NATURE & AREA OF IMPACT :
Patients: performance and quality of service can impact directly on treatment outcome, position in HFEA league tables and ultimately business success. In-House; provision of and monitoring of up to date data sets, including presentation at local level.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
As a senior member of the embryology team, interpersonal skills are necessary, to ensure the smooth running of the department.Patient contact requires the ability to convey complex, scientific information effectively and sympathetically.The ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external colleagues of all disciplines and levels in a professional manner.
SPECIAL PROJECTS :
To participate and assist in overseeing trials and research projects when required.Participation and completion of further education courses as required by BHC/HFEA and or for CPD programme.
CANDIDATE- S PROFILE :
EDUCATION/PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
- B. Sc. & M. Sc. In Life Sciences.
- Significant experience in Human Embryology.
- ACE certification.
- A Clinical Scientist state registered with the HCPC.
- Experience of working with Quality Management Systems.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- A licensed ICSI practitioner competent in a wide range of ART techniques including: IVF, IUI, gamete and embryo cryopreservation and vitrification, PESA/TESA, routine semen assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
If interested share your profile or references
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.