HR Intern at Synapse Search Partners
Views:75 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Medical Coder (1-3 yrs)
Looking for experienced HCC coder profile with an exciting global exposure career opportunity with minimum 6 months experience in HCC coding.
Qualification: Any graduate and postgraduate in health science background. Any AAPC certification will be preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Abstract information from documentation and assign appropriate ICD-10 codes
- Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly in accordance with guidelines
- Ensure compliance with medical coding policies and guidelines.
- Proficient coding of charts across a variety of specialties with over 99% accuracy
- Follow up with supervisor on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear
- Work as part of a team and achieve the team quality and productivity standards
- Maintain patient confidentiality and strict adherence to HIPAA
Skills Required :
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Apply understanding of anatomy and physiology to interpret clinical documentation and identify applicable medical codes
- Well-versed with ICD-10 guidelines and its implementation
- Exceptionally skilled in determining valid encounters including legibility and valid signature requirements of medical record
- Proficient in reviewing medical records and determining the accuracy and completeness of document
- Effectively able to work with sensitive data and promptly relay potential issues and concerns to supervisors
- A critical thinker who ensures that all coding activities are properly managed as per scope
- Solves moderately complex problems on own
- Works with team to solve complex problems