HR Intern at Synapse Search Partners
Views:129 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Medical Coder (1-3 yrs)
Looking for experienced HCC coder profile with an exciting global exposure career opportunity with minimum 6 months experience in HCC coding.
Qualification: Any graduate and postgraduate in health science background. Any AAPC certification will be preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Abstract information from documentation and assign appropriate ICD-10 codes
- Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly in accordance with guidelines
- Ensure compliance with medical coding policies and guidelines.
- Proficient coding of charts across a variety of specialties with over 99% accuracy
- Follow up with supervisor on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear
- Work as part of a team and achieve the team quality and productivity standards
- Maintain patient confidentiality and strict adherence to HIPAA
Skills Required :
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Apply understanding of anatomy and physiology to interpret clinical documentation and identify applicable medical codes
- Well-versed with ICD-10 guidelines and its implementation
- Exceptionally skilled in determining valid encounters including legibility and valid signature requirements of medical record
- Proficient in reviewing medical records and determining the accuracy and completeness of document
- Effectively able to work with sensitive data and promptly relay potential issues and concerns to supervisors
- A critical thinker who ensures that all coding activities are properly managed as per scope
- Solves moderately complex problems on own
- Works with team to solve complex problems
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.