Senior Nursing Supervisor - Interventional Cardiac Catheter Lab (12-15 yrs)
Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab - Sr. Nursing Supervisor
Full-Time /Immediate Joining/Preferred candidates from Chennai
Nursing Supervisor for the Interventional Cardiac Catheter Lab will have the following job responsibilities:
- The Nursing Supervisor of the Cardiac Cath Lab will oversee the Cath Lab as well as the Interventional Unit.
- The Cardiac Cath Lab Nursing Supervisor will be responsible for the daily operations of the Cardiac Cath Lab and will ensure that departmental goals and objectives are met.
- The Nursing Supervisor of the Cardiac Cath Lab will provide leadership and support to Cath Lab Staff Nurses, supporting staff working within the department.
- In addition, the Cardiac Cath Lab Nursing Supervisor will directly report to the Director of Cardiac Services and the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO).
- Within the Cardiovascular department, a number of services are provided including but not limited to comprehensive cardiovascular care,interventional cardiology, as well as the treatment and prevention of heart disease and cholesterol management.
- This facility also specializes in vascular medicine and cardiovascular imaging.
- Provide quality nursing care on a continuous basis.
- Responsible and accountable for nursing care delivered on the unit, based on the Nursing Process- assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Intagregrates service into the organization's primary functions.
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental and intradepartmental services.
- Recommends a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care and treatment.
- Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is assessed,maintained, demonstrated and improved on an ongoing basis.
- Completes yearly performance evaluations for all staff in cath lab.
- Continuously assess and improves the performance of care and services provided.
- Responsible for orienting and providing unit training and continuing education for all persons in the department.
- Supports the mission, goals and objectives of the hospital.
- Maintains and improves own nursing knowledge.
- Maintains NABH/ISO standards and stays up to date on guidelines for other regulatory agencies.
- - Follows up in a timely manner in response to all patient/family concerns,including communication with the Administrator-on-site.
- Participates in selecting sources for needed services not provided by the departments or the organization.
- Completes other activities as assigned.
- Adhere to the Personal Protective Equipment/Standard Precautions policies by wearing lead apron and thyroid collar when working in the procedure room.
- Ensure that the Nursing Unit is given 20 minutes to get patients prepared for the procedure on a constant basis.
- Ensure that the patient is delivered to the department 20 minutes prior to each procedure.
- Ensure that the patient's comfort and dignity is respected.
- Ensure that the patient's safety is maintained at all times according to the hospital policy on Risk Management, Infection Control and Safety Management.
- Give each patient complete post-procedure instructions and receives return demonstration from the patient to acknowledge comprehension.
- Maintain strict sterile technique.
- Maintain the area fully stocked and in an orderly fashion.
- Transport patient back to Nursing Unit according to hospital policy.
- Verify that each patient's chart is complete with the following items immediately upon arriving to the department for a procedure.
- Pre-cath checklist completed and signed.