Principal Partner at Be Beyond
Views:233 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Senior Research & Development Chemist - FMCG/Cosmetic Industry (5-8 yrs)
5-8 years experience in FMCG/ Cosmetic industry, specializing in personal care formulating, developing and processing of bath and body products and the related range thereof.
- Bachelor's Degree with Chemistry major, Chemical Engineering or related sciences with 5 to 8 years of formulating personal care products range
- Good problem solving and decision making skills. Displays a sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrates leadership skills
Job location: Mysore
Senior Research and Development Chemist
Overview: Combines technical knowledge and innovation to formulate diversified personal care products, from concept to finished product based on customers- requests. Ability to look at different brands gaps and develop products based on those gaps or customer specification. New product development with evidence of product efficacy; work on improving the quality of existing product portfolio as per need
The requirements and responsibilities for a Senior R&D Chemist are:
- Experienced personal care researcher responsible for initiating project concepts, developing objectives, plans, assigning priorities and completing multiple projects. Independently investigates/resolves research problems/scale up issues.
- Ability to communicate with customers on technical aspects as well as regulatory and performance.
- Utilize and follow relevant legal requirements (IPR), regulations and product development standards
- Determine and perform appropriate cost reductions (raw materials)
- Scale-up of approved formulations, to include identification of critical process variables as per process flow implemented.
- Ability to trouble shoot production issues and address batch variations.
- Set product specifications and write compounding procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate pilot batches
- Provide paperwork for new formula and new raw materials to operations
- Provide specifications and other information to QC to receive and test new ingredients and finished goods
- Research product formulations and properties and interactions of raw materials.
- Vendor research for raw materials
- Interpret results of laboratory findings and assess risks involved in new products, and communicate findings to sales and upper management. Through analytical experiments establish validation and stabilization protocols for various product formats.
- Remain up to date and current on trends in the retail market and trends on formulations materials, ingredients, etc.
- Training and supervising technicians and temporary employees
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, and CGMPs
Salary: 15-20 Lac(s)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.