Staff Nurse - Hospital (0-1 yrs)
- Admits and discharges the patient.
- Maintains personal hygiene and comforts of the patient.
- Attends to the nutritional needs of the patient and feeds the helpless patients.
- Maintains clean and safe environment for the patients.
- Implements and maintains ward policies and routines.
- Co-ordinates patient care with various health team members.
- Attend the doctors- rounds and follow the orders.
- Check inventory of all equipment, crash cart and instruments as per the inventory register in the ward and inform the senior nurse / In charge nurse in case of any discrepancies noted.
- Check the communication book for any new instructions during every shift.
- Maintain the CSSD Register By procuring the sterile items
- Ensure all the procedures performed throughout the day are entered in the bedside procedures for IP patients
- Check the expiry dates of the medicines and send the medicines nearing expiry to the pharmacy
- Performs technical task, e.g., administration of medication, assisting doctors in various procedures, preparing articles and the patient for medical or nursing procedures, recording vital signs, tube feeding, giving enema, bowel wash dressing, stomach wash, eye and ear care, collection and sending of specimens, pre-and post-operative care. Assists in administration of transfusion, perineal care, breast care, baby care, etc.
- Maintains intake and output chart.
- Observes change in-patient's condition and records, takes necessary action and reports to the concerned authority.
- Imparts health education to the patient and his/her family.
- Accompanies very ill patients sent to other departments or transferred to other institutions.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.