Subject Matter Expert - Structure Based Drug Design (10-24 yrs)
Subject Matter Expert - Structure-based drug design
- Ideal candidates should possess proven scientific skills and accomplishments in an industrial setting.
- Ideally, the candidate should have worked with RELION (and/or cryoSPARC) extensively and can provide expert-level advice on supporting, troubleshooting, and enhancing the applications.
Experience includes any of the following :
- Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD), support of hit expansion, hit-to-lead, lead optimization, and molecular docking. Knowledge of drug discovery packages, e.g. Schrodinger, OpenEye, MOE or Cresset would be a great asset.
Key responsibilities include guiding building applications and workflows for :
- Protein Structure determination and atomic model prediction
- Structure- and ligand-based Drug Design
- Performing protein: small molecule and protein: protein docking
- Virtual screening of molecular databases
- Support of hit-to-lead campaigns and integration of the biological data
- Lead optimization for further ligand refinement
- Ph.D. in relevant discipline with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the industry. Postdoc experience may be substituted for industry experience.
- Expertise in molecular modeling techniques, and protein docking methods including induced fit docking
- Good knowledge of molecular or structural biology and biophysics
- Knowledgeable about the state-of-the-art SBDD challenges and opportunities.
- Development/understanding of multi-step workflows needed in SBDD
- Good programming skills