Syngene - Associate Scientist - Bioinformatics (4-6 yrs)
- Run and maintain existing python scripts and programs; troubleshoot and resolve any runtime errors.
- Write Perl/Python/R programs and shell scripts to meet bioinformatics requirements such as extraction, organization and visualization of data from public databases, automated generation of reports and creation of analysis pipelines.
- Development of applications or browser-based platform for showcase bioinformatics data.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: M.Sc/M.Tech/PG Diploma (Bioinformatics)B.Sc/B.Tech (Computer/Information Science).
- Experience of at least two years in shell scripting/programming, preferably in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of biological databases, such as NCBI, Ensembl, dbSNP, COSMIC etc., for data mining and/or data analysis will be an added advantage.
- PERL/Python/R programming.
- Biological data mining and analysis.
- NoSQL/ Postgres/Graph databases Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Code documentation.
- Data visualization libraries.
- A proactive team player with an interest in biology.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision; comfortable working in a dynamic environment with changing requirements.
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong customer focus.