Syngene - Bioinformatician - Multi-omics Data - NGS & Microarray Projects (4-6 yrs)
Bioinformatician to work on omics data analysis for various NGS and microarray projects.
- Bioinformatician working with senior bioinformatician/biologist in the team to analyze client's data.
- Working with a senior team member, expected to come up with data analysis strategies and perform data analysis. Evaluate upcoming technologies and data analysis strategies for client projects.
Qualification: MSc/MTech (Bioinformatics)
Experience: 4-6 years.
TECHNICAL /FUNCTIONAL SKILL:
- Should have research and working experience in bioinformatics (specifically in the next-generation sequencing technology, microarray and other omics data).
- Should be able to analyze and interpret the data in a biological contextHave proficiency in Python, Java, PERL or R; Proficiency working in a Linux environment and with Unix shell scripting.
- Familiarity with the standard tools for NGS and metagenome analysis (e.g. BWA, samtools, vcftools, bedtools, Picard tools, GATK, Bowtie, Tophat, Cufflinks, QIIME, MG-RAST, Mothur, Mocat etc.) is desirable.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as and when need arises.
- Organizational skills.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Enthusiastic and team player with good attitude.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Time conscious.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.