Syngene - Biologist - Multi-omics Data - NGS & Bioinformatics Projects (6-8 yrs)
Biologist to work on omics data analysis for biological interpretation of various NGS and bioinformatics projects.
- Biologist working with senior bioinformatician/biologist in the team to analyze and interpret client's data.
- Evaluate upcoming technologies and data analysis strategies for client projects.
- Working with a senior team member, expected to come up with data analysis strategies and perform biological interpretation.
Qualification: MSc/MTech (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry).
WORK EXPERIENCE: Experience: 6-8 years.
TECHNICAL /FUNCTIONAL SKILL:
- Should have strong grasp of biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Should be able to analyze and interpret the data in a biological context.
- Should have worked previously with a good understanding of biology to interpret bioinformatics strategies used in the area of next-generation sequencing technology, microarray and other omics data.
- Engage with clients to understand the project, write proposals and detailed project report.
- Might have to work simultaneously on 2-3 projects occasionally; Plan and write case studies as proof of concept studies.
- Due to the diverse nature of projects, expected to be flexible in thought process and come up with innovative solutions; Familiarity in R or Python are preferred.
- Detail oriented.
BEHAVIORAL/MANAGERIAL SKILLS :
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as and when need arises.
- Organizational skills.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Enthusiastic and team player with good attitude.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Time conscious.