Team Lead - Medical Social Worker - Hospital Administration - Healthcare (10-20 yrs)
1. Job Details :
- Psychosocial assessment and care planning for patient and their family members
- Networking with NGOs (Non-Government organization), CBOs (Community Based Organizations)
- Community outreach, awareness program
- Volunteer management, diversional activities
- Participation in external Outreach clinics
- Contributing in multi-disciplinary team working, bereavement support
- Support the process of referral management
- To work closely with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the best possible palliative care is offered to all patients and families referred to the Cipla Palliative Care and training Center
- To support the Head of the Department and the Senior management team in carrying out allocated tasks to ensure smooth running of the MSW Department
1. Key Accountabilities :
Accountability Cluster :
Major Activities / Tasks :
Clinical- Psychosocial care
- Oversee and Provide psychosocial support through psychosocial assessment of patient as well as patient caregiver (inpatient, OPD, Home care);
- Individualized care plans for each patient and family Documentation of all relevant patient related records in the electronic and/ or paper format as may be necessary.
- Engage actively and productively in Multi-disciplinary team working
External OPD /Outreach clinics :
- The Cipla Palliative Care and training center provides free palliative care services for patients in external Outreach clinics.
- To undertake and support activities to promote awareness about CPC services to health care providers and facilitate patient referrals from hospitals.
Role of MSW lead in the Home care :
- Support and oversee the identification of psychosocial needs of patient at home care, interventions with them, to support patient and caregivers so they can continue be at home.
- Identify local resources within the community like local General Practitioner, CBO- - s and NGOs.
Awareness program / Community outreach
To undertake and oversee activities is to introduce our services in CBO- - s, NGO- - s, hospitals, professional associations, government institutions, colleges - - social work, nursing, medical etc, local communities in the society etc.
MDT- Multi disciplinary team work
Participate productively in clinical Multi-disciplinary work including Ward rounds, Meetings and to ensure proper documentation
Death & Bereavement :
- During the end of life care and immediately following death of patient, MSW provide emotional and practical support.
- To support and oversee bereavement care of families who received acre at the Centre.
Resource allocation :
To work closely with the Senior team to allocate the resources to meet their needs. Such resources may be available within the centre or through external government and non-government agencies.
Diversional Activities :
To support volunteers in undertaking diversional activities to reduce the patient/ caregiver psychological pain with the help of entertainment program, handicraft session, relative session, meditation etc.
Research & Training :
- Undertake and guide research and projects in the field of Palliative care. Assist in the development of standards of care and practice.
- Participate first and organize academic sessions and training programs for skill development.
- Facilitate and participate in the induction and mentorship of new staff, students, visitors and the bereavement support volunteers.
- Share knowledge and expertise with other members of the CPC clinical team and wider health and social care community through formal and informal teaching.
Clinical Governance :
- Contribute and participate in audit and clinical governance activities to ensure continuous service and care quality improvement.
- Ensure any incidents, near misses and complaints from patients, carers, families and others are reported and managed sensitively, effectively and in accordance with CPC policies and procedures.
- Actively encourage the initiation of audit/ research activities.participate, as appropriate, in any relevant national/local research initiatives in which CPC may be involved.
- Ensure compliance with all CPC policies, procedures, health and safety and other mandatory requirements.
- Ensure provision and participation in activities designed to improve clinical practice i.e. clinical supervision, reflective practice, debrief.
- Positively participate in annual appraisals and individual performance reviews.
- Be responsible for developing self-awareness through reflective practice, demonstrating a commitment to disseminating information and sharing experiences.
- Contribute to a climate where team members openly discuss and challenge standards of individual practice and where decision making can be ratified as a team.
- Take responsibility for day to day monitoring of risks, incidents, accidents and near misses to minimize risk to patients, families, caregivers, visitors and staff.
- Practice and promote patient confidentiality always. Demonstrate efficient time management and a flexible attitude to working patterns.
- Work within the limits of own competency and responsibility and refer areas that are outside of your competency to your line manager.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity. Respect and support all colleagues. Maintain a professional, friendly and positive influence.
General Responsibilities :
- Be aware how own behaviour can affect and influence the behaviour of other people. Maintain reasonable care for own health, safety and welfare and that of other people who may be affected by your actions or missions.
Team Management :
Support the management of the MSW team through Team meetings, supervision, internal participatory training, collaboration and communication.
1. Major Challenges :
- Coordinated working with diverse team members
- Emotional nature of clinical work
Key Interactions :
- Senior management team at the Centre
- Members of the clinical and non-clinical team
- Patients and their relative, Local NGOs and CBOs, Local General Practitioners and Consultants
- Number of patients receiving psychosocial care
- Activities for awareness of Palliative care and the Centre
- Clinical psychosocial care of patients
- Supporting team members
- Critical areas of patient care that may need medicolegal consideration
- Decisions that affect departmental and organizational work
Skills & Knowledge :
- Master of Social Work
- Excellent Proficiency in English both Written and verbal. And excellent communication skill, also proficient in Hindi & Marathi.
Relevant experience :
More than 10-15 years of experience in Health care set up of which at least 5 years in Supervisory cadre.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.